6 Essential Tips for Growing Your Followers on Pinterest
Building a presence on Pinterest has quickly become a necessity for selling products. Shoppers on this social media network newcomer spend an average of $180. Pinterest now attracts 10 million unique U.S. visitors monthly, reaching this number faster than any other independent site in history. Business 2 Community offers these easy to implement tips for building a following among Pinterest’s vast and growing community.
1. Choose the right pictures – People come to Pinterest for the pictures. Make sure yours get their attention. The more stunning your posts, the more likely you’ll be to gain followers.
2. Pin frequently – The surest way to become a top pinner is to reach more than 1,000 pins. Those with the most followers have at least that many, and some have actually surpassed the 10,000 mark.
3. Repin other pins – One of the easiest ways to gain exposure on Pinterest is to repin, like, and comment on other pins. When those pins are viewed, your likes and comments will be viewed, too.
4. Always use hashtags – Simply put, hashtags make it easier for people to find you on Pinterest. They’re especially important if you frequently talk about or want to gain a following for a particular topic. You can also create a specific hashtag for your business.
5. Develop a strong bio – Your bio will be one of the first things Pinterest users see when determining whether to follow you. Make sure yours depicts you as worthy of their time. In addition, including a link to your company’s website or blog gives you greater authority.
6. Exercise patience – Don’t be discouraged if you don’t see results at first. Keep at it. Growing a following takes time, but it’s well worth the effort.
MDG is a full-service advertising agency and one of Florida’s top branding firms. With offices in Boca Raton and New York City, MDG’s core capabilities include branding, creative, logo design, print advertising, digital marketing, mobile marketing, email marketing, media planning and buying, TV and radio, outdoor advertising, newspaper, video marketing, Web design and development, infographic development, content marketing, mobile marketing, social media marketing, and SEO. For more on the latest trends in branding and advertising, contact MDG today at 561-338-7797.