Seven Rules to Cultivate Deep Mobile Relationships [Mobile Marketing]
Mobile apps provide outstanding marketing opportunities that offer enormous reach by literally placing brands at the consumer’s fingertips. The advantages of these apps have made the mobile market very competitive, so marketers have needed to develop more consumer-oriented mobile marketing campaigns that compel people to welcome these brands onto their digital devices. As a result, push notifications have become very popular because these opt-in messages arrive on the home screen of mobile devices and can be tailored to send the recipient the information they want, from relevant brand offers to location-focused news and even social updates. To help marketers create the most engaging and effective push notifications, MarketingProfs.com offered these seven savvy strategies.
1. Rely on Relevancy for Response – Make consumers welcome and want to receive your messages by making them relevant to their needs. Develop targeted push notifications by using all of the behavioral and customer information collected on each consumer. Such relevance can result in a much higher response rate.
2. Let Customers Customize Their Experience – Make sure the app has a control panel that lets consumers set their preferences about the types, number, and frequency of messages they receive. This shows consumers that you care about their satisfaction, which helps ensure that they continue to care about the brand.
3. Allow Recipients to Set Their Schedules – Let consumers determine when they want to receive the push notification to avoid bombarding and bothering them. Make sure the app includes a setting that lets consumers choose the days and times they want contact, as well as quiet.
4. Keep Push Content Consistent with Branding – These push notifications serve as a mobile extension and representation of the company, so keep the voice and visual content consistent with current marketing. Remember to always preview messages on various digital devices to make sure that come across clearly and correctly.
5. Engage and Entertain for Effectiveness – Make consumers eagerly anticipate your messages by providing push content that is exclusive, exciting, or enjoyable in some way. Use multimedia to increase engagement and add value. Also, always make the content easily accessible.
6. Make Location a Leading Factor – Show consumers that the brand is in sync with their needs by offering information customized to their ever-changing locations. Be careful not to overwhelm the consumer with every move they make, so use this location data wisely and carefully craft it into relevant push content.
7. Track Over Time – The only way to truly determine the effectiveness of the mobile app is to monitor and measure consumer responses over time. This will show what’s working well, along with what needs to be improved and optimized.
Let these seven strategies be your guide for developing engaging and effective push notifications that will keep consumers looking forward to the content and coming back for more.
MDG, a full-service Florida advertising firm with offices in Boca Raton and New York, NY, specializes in developing targeted Internet marketing solutions, exceptional creative executions and solid branding and media buying strategies that give clients a competitive advantage. Our core capabilities include branding, logo design, creative, digital marketing, print advertising, mobile marketing, media planning and buying, TV and radio, Web design and development, content marketing, social media marketing and search engine optimization (SEO).
Read more at MarketingProfs.com.