The Shift to Native Advertising in Marketing [Infographic]
Advertisers Go Native in the Search for Consumer Engagement
It’s a simple premise. If you want to engage online consumers, give them more of what they go online for in the first place. Advertisers are doing just that by shifting to paid content that’s similar in nature to and displayed in the same format as the editorial content surrounding it. The idea is to get consumers to click on and then share these “native ads” with others.
It’s a solution that benefits everyone involved, including publishers, brands, advertisers, and consumers. Advertisers and marketers gain a more relevant and engaging way to reach their target markets. Publishers make money from selling branded content to advertisers. And consumers get more of the kinds of content they’re searching for. Add in the rapid growth of social media and mobile technology usage, and native advertising holds vast potential.
A new infographic from MDG explains this new phenomenon and reveals some impressive statistics:
- 70% of consumers want to learn about products through content as opposed to traditional ad methods
- 75% of publishers currently offer some type of native advertising on their sites, and 90% say they either have considered or will consider using it
There are a number of motivating factors triggering the use of native advertising:
- 67% of brands use native advertising in an effort to provide more-relevant messaging
- 63% use native ads to increase consumer engagement
- 62% hope to generate awareness or buzz
There are a number of ways to measure the success of native ads:
- 70% of brands and 66% of publishers measure success by traffic
- 44% of brands and 49% of publishers measure success by social media sharing
- 62% of agencies’ brand clients measure the time spent engaging with content
Native ads perform better than traditional banner ads:
- Purchase intent of those who click on native ads is 52% compared to only 34% for banners
- People who click on native ads have higher brand loyalty (32%) than those who click on banners (23%)
Spread the Word
MDG, a full-service advertising agency with offices in Boca Raton and New York, NY, is one of Florida’s top digital marketing firms. MDG’s capabilities include print advertising, direct mail marketing, branding, logo design, creative, digital marketing, media buying and planning, radio and TV advertising, Web design and development, online video advertising, infographic development, email marketing, mobile marketing, content marketing, social media marketing, and SEO. To learn about the latest trends in advertising and branding, contact MDG today at 561-338-7797 or visit www.mdgsolutions.com.